A Blog about seeing Wonderful things and being silly along the way.....

Friday, February 5, 2010

Granny.....




Isn't she Wonderful!!!

My mother used to make dolls in her spare time about 10 years ago.

I would sell some of the dolls for her to stores

throughout Northern California.

Most of the dolls she would make were Victorian Santa Claus

dolls and very few Granny dolls.
About 5 years ago, I was given alot of
her dollmaking supplies. She stopped making them.
The Granny you see above....is just like one of
my mother's Granny dolls, except not as detailed.
I made this Granny about 4 years ago.
She has managed to travel with
me from place to place....even ending up here


in Sunny CA.





I think she is just Wonderful.....and a little SILLY too.....

Just look at those teeth. Gosh, I hope I don't rest mine on my lap when I'm her age.






ALL The accessories came from a big box my mother

gave me. Granny's dress came from the baby

section at the goodwill, along with her little

sweater. I took them in on the

sewing machine.




Do you see the lady BUG on her shoulder????




I worked hard painting Granny's face to come
as close as I could to the Grannies my mother
would make.
Thank You For Your Wonderful Visit viewing something

Wonderfully Silly!

2 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Gotta love the granny, this is how your great great granny really looked, love all the work you put into her, you should keep ;her a long time...Love mom

Lori said...

Enjoy your blog. I started mine in December last year. I am totally addicted. Found yours from a link on around the house blog.